Video - The Complaints Handling Procedures
- English version (11'10") : View
Audio - The Complaints Handling Procedures
- Complainant - English version (12'56") : Listen
- Respondent - English version (14'35") : Listen
If you are discriminated against unlawfully because of your sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, family status or race, you may lodge a complaint with us.
Points to Note:-
- You and your authorized representative (if any) must provide:
(a) a copy of valid identity document for verifying identify;
(b) proof of your relevant attribute (such as disability, marital status, pregnancy, family status, race, etc.); and
(c) any supporting documents for the incident under complaint (such as employment contract, dismissal letter, correspondences with the organisation involved in the incident, detriment/losses incurred from the incident, etc.).
- Where you have authorized a representative, the EOC will communicate directly with the representative in handling the case.
- Under anti-discrimination laws, if you make a complaint after the incident had taken place more than 12 months ago, the EOC may decide not to conduct, or to discontinue, an investigation into the complaint unless there are extenuating circumstances for the delay in making the complaint.
- If you intend to institute legal proceedings, you have to do so within 24 months beginning when the act complained of was done, although the District Court may consider any claim which is out of time if, in all circumstances of the case, it considers that it is just and equitable to do so.
- Electronic communications may be subject to interceptions, interference or virus attack. Should you choose to correspond by electronic means, the integrity of any electronic communication record and/or attachment in the course of transmission cannot be guaranteed.
- If there is more than one respondent, please fill out a separate complaint form for each respondent.
If you have any questions or need assistance in filling the form, please call the EOC hotline on 2511 8211 or e-mail to EOC at email@example.com . On receipt of this on-line complaint form, you will be contacted by an EOC officer. If you do not receive any message from us seven days after you send in your complaint, please call our hotline as we may have failed to receive your message due to technical failure.
Part I : Particulars of aggrieved person
I would like to lodge a complaint of discrimination under the
Part II : Please fill in this part if the aggrieved person is assisted by a representative
Particulars of representative
I hereby appoint the following person as my representative to assist me to handle my complaint.
Part III : Particulars of Respondent(s) (individual / organization)
Part IV : The Complaint
1. Your allegation(s). (Please include concerned person(s), time, date, location, incident and effects on you). Information given in this part will be given to the Respondent(s) (individual / organization) for comments.
2. The information provided by the Aggrieved Person in this complaint form is true to the best of the person's knowledge.
Must be filled in
3. Document(s) supporting your allegation(s) (e.g. proof of disability)
4. Witness(es) available
5. I have the following special request(s):
Part V : Authorization
I authorize the Equal Opportunities Commission to obtain information from the Respondent to facilitate the investigation into my complaint(s) lodged under the Disability/Sex/Family Status/Race Discrimination Ordinance.