I Need Help

Lodging a Complaint

If you feel that you have been sexually harassed, you may lodge a written complaint with the EOC within 12 months of the incident.

Once we receive your written complaint, our duty officer will contact you regardless of the result of your complaint. The EOC will evaluate and investigate a complaint that falls within its jurisdiction, and parties will be encouraged to settle their disputes by conciliation.

Conciliation by the EOC is free. The role of the conciliation officer at the EOC is to assist both parties to examine the issues that led to the complaint, identify any points of agreement and arrive at a solution in an attempt to resolve the complaint. Conciliation is a voluntary process and, while the EOC has a statutory duty to encourage conciliation between the parties, neither party cannot be compelled to settle a complaint.

Before you lodge a written complaint with the EOC, try to document as much information about the situation as possible, such as:

  • The location where the alleged sexual harassment happened 
  • Date and time 
  • Details of the incident(s)
  • Relationship with the alleged harasser(s) (for example, employer-employee, teacher-student, service provider-customer, etc.)
  • Witness(es) if any
  • Frequency of the harassment 

The more details you provide, the easier it will help our duty officer to assess whether your complaint falls within our jurisdiction.

Still have questions concerning your complaint?