EOC Promotes Equal Opportunities through Funding Programme of Research Projects
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) promotes equal opportunities through its Funding Programme of Research Projects. Following the success of the first and second rounds of “The Funding Programme of Research Projects on Equal Opportunities” (the Funding Programme) carried out in 2013/14 and 2017/18 respectively, the EOC is launching the third one in 2020/21 which continues to encourage eligible academics and organizations with inspiring ideas to undertake innovative research projects.
The Funding Programme 2020/21 is now open for application. It is hoped that the funded research projects would aim at working towards the elimination of discrimination falling within the scope of the four anti-discrimination ordinances and promoting the principles of these ordinances.
Under the Funding Programme 2020/21, only one batch of applications will be accepted. Preference will be given to those projects on one or some of the following work priority areas listed in the EOC Strategic Plan 2020 – 2022:
- Foster an environment free from sexual harassment
- Tackle pregnancy discrimination
- Remove educational barriers faced by students with special education needs
- Advance equal employment opportunities of and enhance accessibility to goods, services and facilities for persons with disabilities
- Encourage employers to provide workplace flexibility and support for employees with family and caring responsibilities
- Protect breastfeeding women from discrimination
- Ensure equal education opportunities for ethnic minorities
- Promote equal employment opportunities for ethnic minorities
- Promote equal access to goods, services and facilities by ethnic minorities
To be eligible for funding, the applications should reach the EOC on or before 5:00pm, 1 September 2020 (Tuesday).
To introduce the application guidelines and funding procedures of the Funding Programme, briefing sessions will be held for interested organisations on 16 June 2020 and 19 June 2020 in Cantonese and English respectively.
Interested organizations could obtain details of the Funding Programme, including (1) Guide to Application, (2) Application Form, (3) Enrollment Form, etc. by visiting our website.
(http://www.eoc.org.hk > Policy, Research & Training > Funding Programme of Research Projects on Equal Opportunities)
For enquiries about the application, please call 2106-2255.
1 June 2020
Equal Opportunities Commission
We are now accepting applications for the Funding Programme of Research Projects on Equal Opportunities 2020/21.