The EOC Welcomes New Members and Extends Gratitude to Outgoing Members
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) welcomes the Government announcement today (5 May 2023) on the appointment of five new Members to the EOC by the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. They will serve a two-year term with effect from 20 May 2023. The newly appointed Members are:
• Miss CHOW Lily
• Mr FONG James Mathew
• Mr Vishal MELWANI
• Miss TO Shuk-yi, Shirley
• Dr WU Kit-ying, Kitty, J.P.
The EOC also welcomes the re-appointment of 9 existing Members by the Chief Executive. They are:
• Ms CHAN Lai-kwan, M.H.
• The Honourable CHENG Wing-shun, Vincent, M.H., J.P.
• Ms CHOI Yi-tak
• Dr Theresa CUNANAN
• Dr SHIE Wai-hung, Henry
• Ms Anna THOMPSON
• Ms TSANG Chi-man, Linda
• Dr Rizwan ULLAH, M.H.
• Mr WONG Chi-him, Gary, J.P.
Mr Ricky CHU, Chairperson of the EOC, welcomes the newly appointed and re-appointed Members. “The new appointees represent a diverse range of backgrounds and expertise, and have extensive experience in public service. I am sure they will bring valuable insights to the EOC and add to the wealth of experience of the existing Board. The new Members, along with the re-appointed Members and incumbent Members (Dr Sigmund LEUNG and Mr Simon LAM), who have served the Commission with dedication and commitment, will guide the Commission ahead as we strive to build a pluralistic and inclusive society free of discrimination.”
“We would also like to express our deep gratitude to the five outgoing Members, namely, Prof Cecilia CHAN Lai-wan, Prof Andy CHIU Man-chung, Mr Mohan DATWANI, Miss Maisy HO Chiu-ha and Miss YIM Chor-pik for their important contributions, immense efforts and valuable advice in the past years. I am sure that with their commitment to equal opportunities, they will continue to provide unfailing support to the EOC,” Mr CHU said.
Equal Opportunities Commission
5 May 2023
Equal Opportunities Commission平等機會委員會委員
(with effect from 20 May 2023 / 2023年5月20日生效)
Mr CHU Man-Kin, Ricky, I.D.S. (朱敏健先生)
1. Ms CHAN Lai-kwan, M.H. (陳麗群女士)
2. The Honourable CHENG Wing-shun, Vincent, M.H., J.P. (鄭泳舜議員)
3. Ms CHOI Yi-tak (蔡懿德女士)
4. Miss CHOW Lily (周莉莉女士)
5. Dr Theresa CUNANAN (高德蘭博士)
6. Mr FONG James Mathew (方文傑先生)
7. Mr LAM Ken-chung, Simon (藍建中先生)
8. Dr LEUNG Sai-man, Sigmund, B.B.S., J.P. (梁世民醫生)
9. Mr Vishal MELWANI先生
10. Dr SHIE Wai-hung, Henry (謝偉鴻博士)
11. Ms Anna THOMPSON (唐安娜女士)
12. Miss TO Shuk-yi, Shirley (凃淑怡女士)
13. Ms TSANG Chi-man, Linda (曾志文女士)
14. Dr Rizwan ULLAH, M.H. (利哲宏博士)
15. Mr WONG Chi-him, Gary, J.P. (黃梓謙先生)
16. Dr WU Kit-ying, Kitty, J.P. (胡潔瑩博士)