Seminar on Corporate Role in Promoting Racial Diversity
Corporate Role in Promoting Racial Diversity
Seminar by the Equal Opportunities Commission
21 March 2018
Part 1Welcome speech by Professor Chan Cheung Ming, Alfred, SBS, JP, Chairperson, Equal Opportunities Commission
Keynote speech by Dr Law Chi Kwong, GBS, JP, Secretary for Labour and Welfare, The Government of the HKSAR
Panel 1: Why is diversity good for business?
- Mr. Kevin Martin, Group General Manager and Regional Head of Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Asia-Pacific, HSBC
- Ms. Catherine Tsui, Director, Human Resources, East Asia, Arup Group Ltd.
- Ms. Janice Lao, Director, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels Limited
- Mr. Yonden Lhatoo, Chief News Editor, SCMP
Part 2Panel 2: Promoting employer engagement with ethnic minorities*
- Ms. Rita Chu, Vice President, Learning and Talent Development, PCCW Limited
- Ms. Jenny Ng, Senior Manager, Training Department, Fairwood Holdings Ltd.
- Ms. Senna Cheung, Senior Human Resources Manager, Towngas
- Ms. Margaret Ng, Barrister and Former Legislative Councillor
Introduction of the “Racial Diversity in the Workplace Charter” and corporate awards for racially inclusive employers by Mr. Michael Chan, Chief Operations Officer, Equal Opportunities Commission
Keynote speech by Ms. Diana Cesar, Chief Executive Officer Hong Kong, HSBC
* This session was conducted in Cantonese.
Supporting Organisation: HSBC